Submissions are now OPEN for the Business Excellence Awards 2020 !
The annual Karratha and Districts Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KDCCI) Business Excellence Awards celebrates the achievements, innovation and enterprising spirit of small to medium sized businesses across the City of Karratha.
The Awards recognise the importance of a sustainable business community that is vibrant, robust and supports the creation of jobs and business opportunity.
Businesses do not need to be members of the KDCCI to enter, and may nominate for two awards (only), as long as the specific criteria is met.
The Awards offer a unique chance for local businesses to have their hard work, commitment and of course successes recognised.
While the Awards aim to highlight success in business, it is also a great way of taking a good, hard look at the business and where your business is at. It’s quite easy to forget your achievements and milestones.
Award Winners Will Receive
- Framed certificate and trophy presented at the Awards Night of Nights.
- Every Category Winner will receive a $500.00 KDCCI Try Local voucher (1 voucher for every Category winner).
- Exclusive use of winning title and logo in your corporate communications (i.e. email signature).
- Recognition in Local Media.
Make Your Business SHINE! Benefits of the Submission & Awards Process
The questions outlined in the awards submission process give you the opportunity to assess your business in a way you may not have done before. In addition, the compiling and recording of information can assist you with business planning and promotions, encouraging you to look at your business’ performance over the past 12 months and identify opportunities for growth and marketing/public relations.
Becoming a finalist or winner in the BEA awards helps to enhance your business’ exposure and credibility! And provides you with material/content for use on social media, your website, e-newsletters and more.
General Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to nominate for the 2020 KDCCI Business Excellence Awards your business must meet the following criteria:
- Have a commercial premises operating for the last 3 months within the City of Karratha (except
- home-based businesses)
- Employ no more than 20 full time or equivalent staff (for awards which do not state a specific
- number of employees)
- Australian owned, with the owner(s) having responsibility for all key management decisions
- Registered to operate in Western Australia
- Please see the Individual Criteria for each award listed below
The Judging Process
The KDCCI reserves the right to declare any of the entries ineligible if, in the reasonable opinion of the judges, the entrant is unable to represent or promote the awards in a satisfactory manner. Please Note: The KDCCI will be reviewing submissions prior to sending to the Judging Panel, and will be investigating any entries that we believe are misrepresentative or unfactual, and if the requested clarification is not supplied these entries may be declared ineligible.
The decision made by the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Judges are looking for demonstrated quality in submissions and base their decision solely on the documentation provided. It should be noted that the judging process will not include a site visit.
When writing a submission it is important to keep the following in mind:
- Do not assume that the judges are aware of your company.
- The judges will base their decision on the information contained in your submission alone.
- Clearly communicate the complexities of the business.
- Explain your products or services in non-technical terms.
- Tell a story and capture the character of the business.
- Illustrate just how innovative and special your achievements have been.
- Identify the key factors that you consider made your business a success.
- Ask someone, outside of your company, to read you submission PRIOR to submitting the
- application online. This will ensure that it is understandable to someone with no detailed
- knowledge of your company.
- Submissions are completed online using the Cognito Forms system – which has been embedded onto the KDCCI website under the toggles below (this system complies to all relevant Privacy Legislation). Please note you may now save and return to your submissions, as long as the final submission is completed before 11.59pm on the 14th of September 2020 (you will be sent a link via email to edit your submission/return to an incomplete submission). If you have any problems using the platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org