Supporting Pilbara Indigenous businesses through networking, training, mentoring and assistance to new business start-ups.
The Pilbara Indigenous Business Network Group (PIBNG) is a sub-group of the Karratha & Districts Chamber of Commerce (KDCCI). The KDCCI provides the back-end admin support and assists PIBNG to facilitate its meetings, memberships, guest speakers and training. Meetings are held every 4 to 6 weeks with both Indigenous businesses and major corporations including Rio Tinto, Woodside, Sodexo, Bechtel and other prominent businesses.
These companies in the Mining, Resources, Oil and Gas sectors see PIBNG as playing a pivotal role in the development of Indigenous businesses and actively participate with PIBNG and its members. They also offer in-kind support and/or funds to maintain the back-end support of PIBNG.
What we offer
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Regular meetings outlining potential contracts and work opportunities
- Active involvement for all members in KDCCI networking and training events
How to get involved
Fill out our online form below – or visit the KDCCI office to complete a paper form and discuss eligibility in the program.
PIBNG Meetings & Events
Attend a meeting
All PIBNG members are eligible to attend our meetings and events, which are held every 4-6 weeks.
- Allround Plumbing Services Pty LtdAn Indigenous plumbing company with a reputation for excellence in the Pilbara!
- Brida Pty LtdCleaning, Grounds Maintenance, Infrastructure Maintenance, Waste, Plant Hire
- Cheeditha Energy Pty Ltd
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car KarrathaCedrent Enterprises trading as Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Impact DigiKarratha's local marketing solution since 2012.
- JobTrailIndigenous Workforce Solutions & Consultancy Specialists
- Karratha SignsWe seek to have a positive effect on our local community with every job.
- MGM Alliance
- Murujuga Aboriginal Corporation
- Ngaarda Media
- Ngarliyarndu Bindirri Aboriginal CorporationInitiatives include BRIDA, KBSSBRIDA, Red Dirt Driving Academy and YCrew
- NYFL Thomas Building Pty Ltd
- NYFL Tutt Bryant Group LimitedEquipment Sales and Hire, Crane Hire, Heavy Lifting & Specialised Transport
- Red Rock Services WA
- REFAP Pty Ltd
Place “About” Text Here
INDIGENOUS BUSINESS ADVISORY SERVICES
These businesses are independent to the PIBNG program, please contact them to find out if their services are right for you! If you have a business advisory service not listed, please fill out the form below.
Use our Industry Capability Network to connect with mining, construction, infrastructure, defence and other major projects. Our online gateways allow you to register your interest as a supplier. Project and procurement teams can then access the information you’ve supplied when considering hiring for tender and their supply chain needs. These major projects are listed, plus many more: Chevron Operations Metronet BHP Western Ridge FMG Iron Bridge Woodside Scarborough ICNWA assists project owners and major contractors with their Australian Industry Participation Plans by listing their projects on ICN Gateway, and identifying capable local suppliers.ICN Gateway ICN Gateway is our national platform for major projects all over Australia. Create a profile, express interest in work, receive notifications and updates. Where appropriate, your company may also be recommended to other project owners. ICN Gateway is free for all Australian businesses to use. You can also choose one of our business-boosting subscription packages to increase your exposure.
Many Rivers helps people to start and grow their own small business. We help people who have low or no income to become self-employed and offer business coaching and financial support so people can open their own business. Our clients have real ideas, and often have obstacles like finance access, holding them back. There’s no cost to get our support and we need to make sure we’re supporting people that need our help the most.
What do we do? Many Rivers provides extensive support that is targeted to meet your individual needs. Our Microenterprise Development Managers live and work in your communities and spend as much time as required with you to help them gain the skills and knowledge to start and sustain their business idea. Our team can help with:
• Understanding and meeting business registration and insurance requirements • Market research and marketing ideas • Risk analysis • Review of cashflow and bookkeeping support • Establishing links with customers and suppliers • Pro bono legal advice • Access to microfinance loans to help get the business started – based on an assessment of the individual’s character, capacity and cashflow.
Small Business Development Corporation
The Small Business Development Corporation (SBDC) is a WA Government agency dedicated to supporting small businesses in Western Australian to start, grow and thrive. Our services to the small business sector include a free and confidential business advisory service; business skills workshops; a dispute resolution service; subcontractor support; online resources and more. Our website at smallbusiness.wa.gov.au publishes the latest updates and advice for local small business owners, to help you stay on top of developments and opportunities. The SBDC’s Business Local service provides assistance to small businesses located throughout regional Western Australia, including the Pilbara. Wherever your small business is in WA, you can turn to the SBDC.
Thank you to our program partners for your generous support
Our Funding Collective
PIBNG is made possible by the support, funding and genuine commitment of our contributing partners. We are proud to be working together with a collective focus on helping local businesses and building a long-term future for our community.