We are searching for an event planning extraordinaire to join the KDCCI team to make a real impact in our local community. Could this be you?
The Karratha and Districts Chamber of Commerce and Industry delivers high-quality support and advocacy services to our members, assisting their businesses to grow and prosper.
- Coordinate and support all events, projects and services run by the KDCCI to help current members and attract future members
- Identify new funding initiatives to ensure the KDCCI remains financially sustainable
- Acquittals and evaluations to be delivered
- Ability to develop strong and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong administration skills – organised, thorough, systems-orientated with attention to detail
- Ability to plan, manage and deliver events
- Excellent marketing and social media skills
- Proficiency in using computers and a range of application software packages
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and management
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects and community engagement activities
- A strong influencer, networker, communicator and driver of change
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment, and to work autonomously
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks fully and thoroughly and follow program deliverables, objective and measurable.
- Demonstrated ability to complete a variety of activities to meet a range of deadlines with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and make decisions
- High degree of attention to detail
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and the ability to identify issues and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Ability and commitment to adhere to safe work practices
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive data at all times
Some after-hours work may be required including early morning (1 per quarter) and evening (1 per month) on the days of planned events.
The role will be ideal for an experienced candidate looking to expand their knowledge and experience in this fast-paced and exciting industry. The role will be full-time based on approx. 38 hours per week (Monday to Friday). For the right candidate, flexible hours may be arranged.
Please note that no accommodation is provided for this role.
To apply please email a cover letter detailing why you would be the best candidate for this role along with your resume to email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.